ShellPro Inc. produces premium Soft Grit Abrasives from English Walnut Shell, Apricot Pit, and Almond Shell.
Walnut shell media is excellent for blasting as it can remove matter from surfaces without scratching or pitting underlying material. It is biodegradable, non-toxic, environmentally, safe and cost effective. It is also economical and reclaimable.
Uses include paint & coating removal, pressure blasting, engine clean-out, deflashing & ceramic burn-out operations.
We grind our shells to various sizes from coarse to extra fine, depending on the desired application.
BENEFITS OF SOFT GRIT ABRASIVES
- Non-toxic – causes no health or environmental hazards.
- Replaces sand to avoid problems of silicosis.
- Long-lasting. Biodegradable. Re-usable.
- Reduces cycle time of finishing operations.
- Preserves base, primer & gel-coats while removing top coats of paint
- Preserves microfinishes.
MAJOR INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS
- For removal of paint, flash, burrs, and other flaws in plastic and rubber molding, aluminum and zinc die casting, and electronics industries.
- As a sand replacement for paint removal, graffiti removal, and general cleaning in restoration of buildings, bridges, and outdoor statuary.
- For aircraft engine cleanout.
- For cleaning steam turbines.